ABVMA Council sets guidelines to provide information to members regarding the expected professional conduct in the given circumstances. Council undertakes extensive member and stakeholder consultation during the development and periodic review of these guidelines.
The Veterinary Profession General Regulations establishes those guidelines that specifically require the approval of the membership.
ABVMA Guidelines Documents
The Council of the ABVMA has approved the following guidelines as the expected professional standard to which members are expected to abide:
- Consultation/Referral or Owner Initiated Second Opinion
- Continuing Education
- Guidelines for the Roles of Registered Veterinary Technologists, Students, and Unregistered Auxiliaries
- Marketing Activity Guideline
- Prescribing, Dispensing, Compounding and Selling Pharmaceuticals
- The Responsible use of Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Modalities (this one only visible to members)